Technology and Telecommunications
The technology sector is facing an ongoing frenetic and disruptive transformation, compounded by the challenges of the ecological transition. This scenario entails the emergence of environmental, social and business model risks and opportunities.
- Issuance of greenhouse gases: costs arising from compliance with emission regulations.
- Management of the energy and water in hardware infrastructures (e.g. data centres). Correlation between the growth of the sector and its consumption of energy and carbon footprint.
- Generation and management of waste in operations and throughout the life cycle of products.
- Impact on biodiversity of obtaining raw materials.
- Dependence on scarce minerals which generate ecological and social problems.
- Digital divide and associated inequalities.
- Data protection against cyber-attacks and misuse of private data.
- Management of the talent and a shortage of qualified staff.
- Disruptive and constant transformation sector: the need for continuous adjustment and innovation.
- Chain of sustainable and transparent supply: risk of scandal and reputational damage.
- Protection of the intellectual property.
- Management of systemic risks emissions arising from technological disruptions.
- Cross-cutting role for fostering the green transition of companies in other sectors.
- Differentiation and competitive advantage: leading sustainability in the sector.
- Boosting digitisation of the economy and society.
- Innovation to mitigate its own and third parties' negative environmental impacts.
- Telecommunication infrastructures and networks as a driver of socio-economic development.
- Initiatives for a inclusive and accessible digitisation and combat inequalities.
- Betting on efficient and renewable energy sources.
- Alliances with strategic partners.
Transcendent offers its clients the experience, knowledge and support needed to mitigate risks and make the most of the opportunities that the industry presents.